Sunday, March 28, 2010

DIY Home Decor

Since it is the day before Mrs. Drebeilbis's wedding I have decided to blog about her and some of her super crafty things that she has done recently.  Her and her fiance recently purchased a house and she has been going crazy decorating it.  Doing a good job too!! Especially since she has a lot of nice things on a budget!  However, I will never have the zebra rug that she has!!  I am sooooo jealous of it, even more jealous because her fiance actually harvested the zebra in Africa which makes it a little more special.  Can you believe that we live in Texas and it actually snowed around the same time that Mr. D wanted to propose?!  What a love story, I hope they live happily ever after! 

Mrs. D introduced me to a website called Shanty 2 Chic.  This website has a ton of great ideas.  It makes my blog look like chump change.  They don't post every single day, but when they do post, they post good stuff.  Here are some of the decorations that Mrs. D has done from Shanty 2 Chic.  If you are a crafter, you can usually look at the finished product picture and figure out what they did. If your are not a crafter you can follow along with their great step by step instructions that have a lot of pictures.
 These are my favorite! I can't wait to make some.  I like Shanty 2 Chic's idea, with the word " B-O-O"
I love this idea! I wish my walls where big enough to 
handle wall decor of this size.  They look really good in Mrs. D bedroom above the bed.  


Another great idea!!  A regular 'ol mirrow from Wal-Mart that was painted and then mounted to some old barn wood that was painted as well.  A wooded decal from a craft store add additional interest.  For only a few dollars she made a mirrow that would probably costs double at a place like Kirklands.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails