Saturday, April 3, 2010

Craigslist Junkie



I have become a Craigslist junkie! I have purchased two items from CL over the past week and have been pretty satisfied with my purchases.  I want to buy more stuff but I don't not have the space.  The first item is this set of chairs.  Which look hideous with the blue vinyl cushions.  I think my super snazzy camera kinda makes the chairs look a little better than they are! LOL  I'm not so crazy about the V-shaped design but they are real wood and I felt they where a good price at $40 since we needed them.  The previous chairs that we had were flimsy aluminum  and the boys where totally destroying them due to their size.  I sanded them down so I could stain them .  . . and no staining occurred.  I only ended up putting a little bit of stain on one chair and decided against it.  Staining is toooo much work for the cost of the chairs.  Off to Wal-Mart I went to get some paint.  Which, was a bust cause the color wasn't happening.  It was too blahhh. Off to Home Depot I go to get another color!! Decided to go to Home Depot this time because I needed to get some fertilizer for the yard.  Cause our yard looks like this!! Yuck! I hate it!!  Got the best stuff around, Scott's Turfbuilder.  If the turf builder doesn't work, I will be super upset!!  The chairs aren't 100% finished yet.  I added the final color, brown, and they need some sanding to add some detail plus I need to finish the cushions.  The second item that I bought off of Craigslist was a TV armoire for the guest bedroom. AKA Bobby's room which will no longer be Bobby's room at the end of the month.  That is another day and another blog.  Will have the chair finished tomorrow as well as the baby bibs & burp rags.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails