Sunday, April 25, 2010

Headboard Finished

I was able to start and finsih the headboard on Saturday.  I am very excited about how it turned out.  Exactly the way I expected it to!

Shanty 2 Chic has some great projects using the RL glaze.
I love the sanded and then stained look!!  I could've gone with out it, 
but I wanted just a little extra dimension to the head board.
 Ginger watches as I paint.
So for about $45 I got a new headboard & footboard with frame! Not bad, considering a new frame alone is $45 and used metal bedframes are $20 on CL. Ahhh I can't wait to put this in the guest bedroom!!  It is going to look so fabulous!!  I won't be able to do a room reveal for another two weekends.  The roomie moves out this weekend and then my mom is bringing me a mattress and boxframe the following weekend.  Which gives me even more time to craft up more things!!  I leave with a depressing but funny picture of Pearl.  (Depressing because I wish my yard didn't look like this!! LOL)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh good job on the bed frame. It came out way better than the way you described it to my last week. Can't wait to see the room reveal. You should do a before and after pics of the room!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Thanks!! Will definitely do before and after's.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! Amaing transformation! I love the red - it;s fabulous! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Haley! I'll be featuring your headboard today! Love it! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! ~ Stephanie Lynn

All That Glitters said...

your bed turned out awesome!!! I just bought a twin size for my son and I'm going to paint it like that! Oh, i'm your newest follower!
~Jennifer

Related Posts with Thumbnails