Thursday, April 22, 2010

Where I Create

I decided to replace a few of the decorations in my craft room, NOT that it was bad.  Mainly what I wanted to was replace my ribbon holder and clear off my work surface.  My counter top/work surface is L shaped and sometimes I have two projects going on at once; I need as much "working" space as possible. Also, I can't stop buying ribbon!!!  You can never have enough.  Here it is.








Keeping your craft room clean and neat is essential.  At least, for me it is. For some reason my mind will not work if I am in a messy area.  I have found that if I keep things labeled with cute tags, it makes me want to keep my room neat and clean.  I know it doesn't look like I have a lot of supplies, but that is because I don't.  I clean out my craft closet, supply baskets and ect twice a year.  Come on- you know you're never going to use some of that cheesy stuff that was on clearance.  LOL  Also, I try real hard not to buy tools that I am not going to need.  Especially since I have the Cricut, it does so much!!


I am really greatful that I am able to have a whole room dedicated to my crazy craftyness.  I remember my Mom always laying out her fabric on the kitchen floor to cut out a pattern and sewing at the dining room table.  She never had her own space, however, you should see her room now!! She doesn't have any kids at home so her room is constantly having a project or two or more like FIVE. Going to paint the bed this weekend and do a little sewing.  I leave you with the two pictures of my bullies that are hanging in my craft room.  Yes, they are Photoshop'd.

Curtis

Pearl

10 comments:

Heather L. said...

What a fabulous craft room! Love it! Makes me (almost) want to go organize mine =)

Stacey said...

What a great craft room. It is so cute and cheerful. I love all the touches you have. Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Thanks Ladies!! I have to admit, it is hard working trying to keep it organized all the time.

Mayra said...

I LOVE,I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!

We have the same taste. =)
I love pink and adore ribbon. Thanks for the idea on where to place it, that is next on my list. I can never have enough ribbon either .hehe
I love the pink organizing bins and the curtains!



PS.Cute doggies!!

Hope you have a fabulous week!

Fowl Single File said...

Wow! I wish I was half as organized as you and had the discipline to stick with just two projects at time. I love your stash of ribbon, by the way! Your craft space looks like so much fun!

Just Heather said...

Just have to say, I have an English Bull Terrier. His name is Aitch, often refered to as Boopy! He's nearly 11 now though, bless him!!!

P.S. I am a new follower :)

Heather

Cristan said...

Haley, I know this post is from April, but I've been drooling over this craft room all morning!! I even made my husband look at every detail frame by frame. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. My dream is to copy it....someday....when I get a room. :D The organization and the colors are AWESOME! Good job, girl!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

That is sweet! I love everything about it! Thanks for sharing.
Bonnie :)

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Ok cutest room ever!!!! I love it!!!! and your bull terriers are freakin fabulous!!!! <3 em!!!!

Unknown said...

TOTALLY LOVE YOUR CRAFT ROOM!
It reminds me of how I envisioned my bedroom before moving into my new condo. This was the design board I did up for it before I moved in (http://www.flickr.com/photos/superflash/4613161401/) And this is how it looked on move-in day, back in August: http://www.flickr.com/photos/superflash/4926573452/ (The big black panels are actually black damask curtains covering my window, it's hard to tell in a photograph). It's changed a lot since then, but still needs a lot more work.
Your post is totally inspiring! Must bookmark it to look back on when I'm ready to do more work on my place :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails