Monday, May 24, 2010

Jazzed Up Handbag!

Summer time is officially here and I had been thinking that I wanted a "summer time" tote/purse to take to the lake.  Taking my real leather purse is totally unpractical and it seems like more than regular purse items end up in my purse when taking the boat out.  I was in Target and saw this cute tote for only $2.50! It was just the right size, a little oversized to use for a purse for all of those extra items.  Even though it was just the right texture and screamed summertime, it was kinda blah.  It needed only a little but of jazz to make it "Haley"  I decided to add some flowers that I use for scrapbooking and added a big rhinestone in the center.  Tada! In less than two minutes and for under $3 my tote is ready for summertime!  After using it this weekend, I am satisfied.  Got compliments too!!  :)


One day this week I will show you how you can get those big scrapbooking flowers for cheap!!  I haven't seen any posts about it, so hopefully I can teach everyone something new!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Now that looks cute!

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

Cute!! I have 2 straw bags in my 'stash' that are just waiting to get dressed up...you've inspired me to get mine out and spruce them up before summer :).
Oh, you had also asked about what I made my daughter's monthly onsies out of- I just digi scrapped the numbers and then printed them on iron on transfer paper...super easy & cute :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails