Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mom's House

I was at my parent's house over the Fourth of July weekend and every time I walk through the door it feels like home.  My mom has such a great way of always decorating for the seasons and holidays.  She doesn't get into the 4th decorations but she does do a fabulous arrangement on her table for summer time.  I totally wish my house was the size of hers.  She is currently redoing the master bedroom with the new "blue" color that  has become so popular.  Here are a few pics of my favorite things and some of the master redo.
 My mom has had a collection of birds since before they
were the "in" decor item! LOL  I love seeing the birds mixed in with the moss.
Oh how I wish I had a table this big! We even sit at this table and eat;
we just move the stuff we aren't using to the side.
I LOVE this trim!! I HAD to have some!! I purchased some for an upcoming project! :)
For around $500 my Mom was able to make a King size duvet, (4) pillow shams,  and (5) throw pillows and curtains for two windows.  All of which have really nice cording and the curtains have really nice fringe like what is on the lamp.  I think she saved quite a bit of money because most of the bedding sets we priced were over $400 for just the duvet, shams, and dust ruffle.  A dust ruffle wasn't made because the bed doesn't need one.  I didn't take a picture of the entire bed because all of the pillows weren't made.



6 comments:

Jami said...

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree! Beautiful table!
smiles!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Just beautiful :) Your Mom is very talented also and love what she did. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Rhiannon said...

wow! looks great! can i borrow her at my house?

mle said...

Now we know where your crafty gene came from! : )
Your mom's decorating is gorgeous!

All That Glitters said...

Love the lamp shade too!

Decorchick! said...

Aww she has a beautiful home! My mom has also been collecting birds for I don't know how long now. Her house would be a hit if she had a blog! haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails