Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A New Armoire

Almost two years ago King and I got new living room furniture and a new TV.  I automatically assumed that I wanted one of those low TV stands because they seemed to be all the rage. . . . um yeah, looking back on that decision makes me want to punch myself in the face.  I HATE it!  I totally regretted selling my not so snazzy armoire for a tiny $50.  Finally, I was able to pinch some pennies and get a new one! Whoop! (Blesses that I was able to get the TV stand off my hands for a reasonable price.)

CL copy
ARMOIRE

I decided to go with the cardboard boxes to hold all of the DVDs.  Why cardboard? Because knowing King, he will probably bang it against the wood and dent it whenever he needs a DVD- so nothing plastic or hard.  My OCD disorder cannot handle dents & dings in the wood.  I originally planned on purchasing a fabric bin/basket, but I couldn’t resist the price of these boxes.  Scrapbooking paper made them a little more snazzy and then I got lazy .  . . I wanted to add something else .  . . But their behind closed doors so I didn’t.  All nice, neat and tidy- Just like I like it.

ARMOIRE2
ARMOIRE3


8 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks really good! I need to do that box storage with my dvds, I hate seeing all the cases.

Kara said...

Cute!! Great creative way to use cheap materials too!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

My favorite combination...beautiful, practical, and inexpensive!

TheCraftInMe said...

I really like the color tone!

Carol said...

Nice armoire... definitely worth the wait!

Carol
antiquetexan.blogspot.com

Life in Rehab said...

NICE. You know I love covered boxes. And yeah, the armoire is MUCH better!

Grunged, Glittered n' Branded said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally busted out laughing when I read the "punch myself in the face" thing! HA HA HA Thanks for that! Nice Armoire too! lol

the cape on the corner said...

aww yeah! i am all for this-reminds me of my solution to pretty up the games in my tv cabinet. tho mine are seen, not hidden in a gorgeous unit such as this! love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails